Frequently Asked Questions
Common Questions About Mastectomy Bras and Products
- Why is wearing a Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions breast form necessary?
- Which Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions breast form should I order?
- What is Perma-Form from Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions?
- What Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions mastectomy wear and supplies are covered by private insurances?
- What mastectomy wear and supplies from Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions are covered by Medicare?
- What is Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashion's Return Policy?
Why is wearing a Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions breast form necessary?
Losing a breast causes an imbalance to the body. If a woman goes too long without replacing the weight of a missing breast, she may experience neck or back pain.
You should wear a Jodee breast form:
- To restore balance to the body for good physical health
- To restore the natural silhouette to the body for good mental and emotional health
- To help avoid neck or back pain.
Which Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions breast form should I order?
Jodee breast forms come in a variety of shapes and weights. The Jodee online catalog describes the type of surgery each form might be best for, but each surgery is truly different from any other. Please feel free to contact our certified mastectomy fitters at 1-800-821-2767 for assistance in obtaining the correct breast form to meet your medical needs.
What is Perma-Form® Bra from Jodee?
Jodee's Perma-Form® Bra is a lightweight foam form that is sewn in permanently into each bra. The form has a weighted core which helps restore body balance, yet is lighter than silicone. Here are some of the advantages of the Perma-Form Bra from Jodee:
- Foam in the Perma-Form® Bra is cooler and more comfortable on those hot, humid days.
- Perma-Form® Bras from Jodee is easier to wear... if you have arthritis, manual dexterity health concerns, or if you have trouble inserting the form into the bra pocket this bra is for you.
All Perma-Form® Bra are custom made. Please allow 15 days extra for delivery.
Perma-Form® Bras come with a 6-month limited replacement warranty against manufacturing defects of the Breast Form.
What Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions products and supplies are covered by private insurances?
Most major medical insurance policies cover mastectomy products according to their guidelines.
Jodee encourages you to call your insurance company to verify your benefits. Give them the procedure codes listed below and they will be able to give you information regarding what your policy allows, how much they pay, how many Jodee bras and breast forms you are eligible for each year.
Silicone Breast Form L8030
Foam Breast Form L8020
Mastectomy Bras L8000
What Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashions products and supplies are covered by Medicare?
You may be entitled to One Silicone breast form every 2 years (2 forms for bilateral surgery), or you may be entitled to one (1) Perma-Form bra every 6 months, or you may be entitled to one (1) Foam Breast Form every 6 months (2 forms for bilateral surgery), AND as many mastectomy bras as are reasonable and necessary.
What Is Jodee Post-Mastectomy Fashion's Return Policy?
If you find it necessary to return merchandise, please return it to Jodee®. Call 1-800-821-2767 for instructions and to receive a Return Authorization Number.
Jodee Return Policy: Our goal is to make an exchange or a refund as fair and easy as possible.
With a Return Authorization:
Jodee encourages each customer to immediately try on their garment and breast form to ensure proper fit and comfort as soon as you receive your order. Our goal is to provide you with quality products and an expert fitting experience. However, there are occasions when you may find it necessary to return merchandise for exchange or refund.
Returned merchandise must be accompanied by a return authorization code that will be supplied by the Jodee counselor. All returns and exchanges must be returned within 60 days of purchase. Returns will be refunded at the original purchase price, plus applicable sales tax. Shipping and handling charges will not be refunded. Custom orders and merchandise that is used, worn, or laundered will not be accepted for refund or exchange.